Friday 31 May 2013

I see a light....

I don't think that I would be overstating it to say that I haven't had the best of weeks.


But I can finally see a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel ... the fog has lifted a little ... and I have begun to feel a bit better.

Not let's go out for a night on the tiles better ... not let's go run a marathon and finish it with a spin class better ... not even let's go up to the supermarket and get some milk better ... just an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bit better.

This morning I felt more like my usual self ... well my usual self with a head full of cotton wool and a bark that has Buster running around looking for the dog intruder and the most severe case of bedhead you ever could imagine.

Not my actual bedhead ... this bedhead is much cuter!

But I found something that could have me running ... crying ... straight back to my sick bed.

As the fog lifted ... for the first time in days ... I took a good look at my surroundings.

I did not like what I saw.

I can truthfully report  .... because the evidence is staring me in the face ... that while I was off the radar the world inside my house fell apart.

Not a floor has been swept ... not a pair of undies has been laundered ... not a bench has been wiped ... not a dish had been washed ... not a bill has been paid ... not a single thing has been tidied or straightened or put away.

I have awoken from my coma to find myself living in a dump.

If I ever had a question as to how everyone would cope if I upped and left for a while ... I think I have the answer ... and it's not encouraging.

The entire place would descend into a dirty, disorganised, unwashed, unkempt chaos.

If I had the energy I'd fix it ... I don't ... but if I conserve all my reserves till this afternoon when everyone else gets home ... I might just find enough to crack the whip and get them all off their butts and turning this place back into something that might actually be fit for human habitation!

Maybe!

2 comments:

  1. It's weird, isn't it - when 'they' get sick, you get 127 extra things to do as well as the normal, when 'you' get sick, nothing gets done at all!

    Tell them if they don't sort it out this afternoon, you'll leave for a month during which time they will definitely run out of clean undies and clean dishes!

    Glad to know you're on the mend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one of those strange inequalities in life :0(
      xx

      Delete