Saturday 11 May 2013

Winners are grinners....

Last night was Hubby's Cricket Presentation.

He invited me to attend ... I politely declined.

You see I figured it would involve a bunch of middle aged men ... who "left the Mrs at home with the kids" ... sitting around ... drinking too much ... and patting themselves on the back for a season well played .... even though they didn't make it to the finals.

Turns out I was right.

Hubby however, had a splendid time ... doing all of the above.

He even managed to win himself a little trophy ... for doing something OK.

He was clearly overcome with the high excitement of the evening ... as he managed to forget his house keys and leave his brand new trophy behind at the club.

So I was awoken at 2.30 this morning by a knock on the bedroom window.  I was tempted to ignore it ... but as I have a girls night out coming up shortly, I didn't want to burn any bridges.

Then today ... with Hubby tired and emotional ... and not feeling up to driving ... anywhere ... I had to chauffeur him back to the club to locate the misplaced trophy.

But all's well that end well ... it was found ... brought home ... and will shortly be relocated ... by me ... to it's new home in the back of a cupboard somewhere.


Enjoy your moment of glory ... for tomorrow there will be no trophy ... just a wife :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment