Which would have been the perfect time to get cracking on the patchwork quilt that I have been trying to finish for four years now ... or to reorganise the linen cupboard ... or even to work out what I am going to do with the new patchwork quilt that I got all inspired about last week.
But no ... I decided to start a brand new project altogether.
There was a time when it seemed that just about every Australian household had one or two of these:
I don't know where they came from ... but it must have been a very popular shop for a while.
You can see the very high quality of the item by the makers mark ...
Now this one came into our household many years ago via my Mother-in-Law ... probably because she couldn't stand it in her house for a moment longer ... and it has been used until recently by Master 16 as a bedside table.
So in my creative mood of yesterday I decided it either needed immediate removal into the closest rubbish bin ... a bonfire ... or a makeover. And since the first two options weren't very creative I chose the third option.
I gave it a quick sand ... really quick because I HATE sanding with a passion ... and then I slapped on a bit of paint ... leftover from a previous project.
Then ... after drying time of course ... I found it a brand new home ... where I think it settled in quite nicely.
It's pretty ... it's useful ... and I can feel all smug because it's environmentally responsible ... win, win win!