Thursday 1 May 2014

Living the high life ...

Hubby went away last weekend for  three days of unbridled self indulgence.

He flew all the way to New Zealand … met up with a few mates … drank alcohol … spun numerous yarns … and watched a game of football.

Yes … you read that correctly … he went all the way to New Zealand … which may be our closest neighbour but it's still OVERSEAS … to watch football!!!



What's more … and this little fact sends his self indulgence into another stratosphere of self indulgence altogether … "his" team wasn't even playing.

Considering he did the same thing last year … though at least his team was actually playing then … and he was suspiciously vague when I asked if he intended to do it again next year  … I fear this is turning into some sort of annual tradition.

But it doesn't end there folks … oh no his excessive behaviour knows no bounds.

In August he's off with a mate for over two weeks in New York.

NEW YORK … without ME!!!!

Righto then … that's just not on.  This type of behaviour requires some serious retribution from me and I intend to hit him where it hurts him most … his wallet!!!

I'm visualising new flooring … new carpets … and two new bathrooms.

Not to mention something shiny from Tiffany's.

There's nothing more dangerous greedy than a woman scorned left at home while her husband spends a fortnight in New York.

Back in happier times … when we ALL went to New York
So I'm looking for advice … timber flooring … bamboo flooring … or laminate flooring … what do you recommend??

24 comments:

  1. Bugger that, come to NZ for a op shopping marathon with the two Sues!! Go on, dare ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL … don't dare me … I can never resist a dare!!!
      Maybe when he runs off to NZ to watch football next time I'll stowaway in his luggage ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sue's idea sounds a good one! ;-) Or you could be even more darling and come to the UK! Ha ha ha...failing that, timber flooring,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh … decisions … decisions … decisions ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Bugger the flooring - get yourself a holiday booked! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it all and then some! I so hear you sister on hubbies little time out. Right now I am planning on spending some of TOFs well earned money! When you book a holiday make sure you leave the lads at home with dad and go away with a girlfriend. Mothers just don't do it, do they, and WE SHOULD!!!! PS: don't be practical when spending his money by something frivolous and just for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I intend to be as frivolous as possible … and I'm pretty good at frivolous ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I second Curtise, go on holiday without him. Sod boring DIY, you deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a year I go away on a "Stitch and Bitch" weekend … he thinks that should make us even … HA … DOUBLE HA!!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Ooooh lalala......bamboo to start with.....then go to town....I would be the worst pouter......start making an exotic list of travel destinations and leave on the fridge for all to see. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will … a shopping list AND a travel list ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. I am laughing to myself because I too would probably think flooring. I want to replace my carpets. I have lived with solid wood floors, a soft wood that was meant to look a bit rustic so dents were okay. I loved it and would do it again. I have done some research online and looked into bamboo but was eventually put off because it's not as environmentally friendly as it is marketed as. I would not do laminate because I think if you are going to do a thing, do it right and I am one of those just say no to faux sorts of people. Unless it's faux fur because you would wear real otherwise and then I give my blessing. But back to floors....go with solid wood or engineered wood. That is my very opinionated opinion. I personally am quite content with and prefer the patina of age and real wood does that best. It is also the material that will take refinishing in order to bring it back to pristine if that is what you prefer.

    Or, convince hubby that the flooring needs to be done anyhow but that it should come from the household maintenance budget not the Jo gets to have fun budget. Agitate for your own holiday AND new floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm agitating … I hold the World Title in Agitating ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Ok, real wood floor or concrete floor that looks like real wood, so easy to clean. Then how about a round the world trip, if you go to the UK you could stop off in France on your way through :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for pre finished solid timber, looks good and you don't have to vacate for a week while the finishing gets done. It would look super, and would easily justify the expense.

    Then how about that whirlwind, gin-swilling secondhand scavenge hunt of Melbourne with your sister? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diamonds! or come over and visit us! I would totally sod the DIY off - have a spa weekend, buy more shoes or have a room converted for your shoes - I'm getting a little over enthusiastic here hehe! isn't is funny about things like this, Dave has had thousands spent on tattoo work and I get a little fretful over buying new shoes, madness! x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is madness … WHERE'S THE EQUALITY!!???!!! … phew … I feel a little better now ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  11. I am thinking that whilst the flooring is going in, it would be very stressful. Sooo stressful that you shouldn't be there but rather in a nice balinese hotel with a swanky spa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that you are entirely correct and that sounds like a fabulous idea ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  12. sod the floor...come to the uk and visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UK is the very next place on my destination wish list … one day … hopefully before I'm 80 ;0)
      xx

      Delete