Tuesday 13 May 2014

Mundane and miscellaneous nonsense ...

My post writing of late has been as slack as the elastic in my oldest pair of undies.

Each day I think "I should write a post" … followed shortly by …  "Nah, nothing's happened".

Now the fatal flaw in this scenario is that nothing EVER happens … and if I'm waiting for a momentous event to get my creative juices flowing then I might as well package myself up as dried fruit right now.

So here follows a mundane and trivial composition about nothing much at all.

The boys … by "boys" I refer to the Hubby and the Sons … the boys headed off to the footy on Friday night.  An event from which I have been banned … I am unallowed to attend … ever again.

You see I came up with a startling theory.  I realised that whenever I go to the football the Sydney Swans lose … and whenever I stay home they win.  Every single time. Once I pointed out this uncanny coincidence to the "boys" I was blacklisted.

It's actually been quite useful and I've been using it to my best advantage … "Since I'm not allowed to go to the footy you'd better buy me a takeaway before you leave" …. "Since I'm not allowed to go to the footy you'd better give me a foot rub" … "Since I'm not allowed to go to the footy you'd better come with me to  *insert somewhere they find highly tedious* and not complain".

Of course the truth of the situation is that this way I can watch it on TV if I feel like it … and watch something else entirely if I feel like it … and either way I can do it from the couch in my PJ's.  Win!

Here's a little pic from back in the day … before I became the Sydney Swans own personal jinx.


Saturday was a lazy day … with the highlight being the momentous first fire of the season.

Burn baby burn.


Which of course involves the requisite toe toasting.


I may have casually mentioned the impending Sunday event of Mother's Day to Master 14.

This may have resulted in a panicked look in his eye and a sudden request for a lift to the supermarket for some "milk" … though surprisingly there were already 3 litres of the stuff in the fridge.

The last minute dash was clearly unsuccessful … instead of a card I got a picture printed from the computer.


And a sentiment that beats anything Hallmark can come up with.


So I'll end this trivial little tale with something pretty from my garden.



And a picture of some fried chicken.


Go on … you had to look twice … didn't you?

Maybe that was just me.

Ciao.

18 comments:

  1. I would have looked twice but as luck would have it I saw the very same picture on Facebook! So ya didn't catch me out yer minx!! At least I'm not the only jinx! Much the same happens to me, although I wasn't at Michael's rugby game this weekend when they lost 100-0! I did consider asking if any of said son's team had actually turned up! But I knew the answer would consist of two words the second being 'off!" Your fire looks toastie, Ebenezer has said no fires...yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear … 100-0 … that would be a little hard to take … maybe your jinx is in reverse and you actually have to go in order for them to win ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ha, your picture of the 'fried chicken' didn't fool me either... ditto what Sue said! ;-)

    Sounds like you came up with a perfect score with your footie observation. Great 'card' at least they did something for you...I don't think mine even know Mothers Day exists despite hints!

    I have been having the same problem with 'mundane; and 'I have nothing to write about' ideas for posts... You did pretty well as it turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think other people's mundane is much more interesting than my own mundane ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. You have got a wonderful gift from your kids. Seems you have played the game well. Your fried chicken made be laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so onto a win but never, I repeat never let on to the boys!! You don't have to have anything to write about Jo your photos tell little stories all of their own. Speed Light Flash is on your wish list now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes … I didn't realise I needed one until you mentioned it … Hubby says "thank you" ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I did look twice! I have no Facebook and clearly oblivious to anything haha! I will always prefer a handmade card, every time, because they then have to think about what they write and your boys wrote you a beautiful message - being the 'jinx' has worked out marvelously for you, what joy to spend a day doing what you want and I have the fire on today, it's May, it's flaming freezing, it's May!! *moan* *grumble* x xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had the warmest May in history over here … record breakingly warm … perhaps we nicked your spring ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I did have to look twice, that's so funny! Handmade cards are much better than a generic shop bought one, bless them.
    Swans seems such an inappropriate name for a football team. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they just needed a bit of alliteration to go with Sydney … and they didn't want to be the Sydney Skunks ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Nothing much happens in my life either, Jo, but I don't let that stop me rabbiting on! I like the idea of using the whole jinx thing as a reason to get treats, nice one!
    Ahh, your boys think you're the best mum, so all's right with the world. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you always have a fab outfit to share … nobody wants to see my tracky dacks … which I end up wearing because there's nothing happening in my life … sigh … it's a vicious circle ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Oh Jo. You really are brilliant. the only way I got about of the "games" was to have back surgery and I really wouldn't recommend that excuse....not that I'm not milking it still a year and a half later! Ah lavender!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I think I will stick with my method … back surgery doesn't sound like fun … even if it gets you takeaways and foot rubs ;0)
      xx

      Delete
  9. LOL-your posts are always so much fun despite the apparent nothing happening in your life that you speak of. I have that same thought though. I rarely go anywhere or do anything exciting. I could do a daily post of myself drinking coffee.
    That card is much better than any Hallmark card ever!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL … maybe you should review a new coffee each week … you can call it "Shawna's Perky Pointers"
      xx

      Delete