Tuesday 30 September 2014

That's the way the cookie crumbles ...

So we drove the 969.6 kilometres from home to Melbourne … with much hope and anticipation for a great game of footy and … hopefully … a win.

The weather was brilliant … which you don't always get in Melbourne … trust me.  I lived there for three years so I'm allowed to say that.


The boys were excited and filled with hopeful smiles.


But alas it was not to be.  We got neither a great game of footy nor a win.

Those smiles did not last long.


The Swans played poorly … less than poorly … and Hawthorn played spectacularly well … more than spectacularly well.  The result was obvious before the first quarter was over.  So well played Hawthorn … you deserved it.


The ground looked spectacular … and was close to capacity … 99,454 to be exact.

And out of all those people … those 99,454 people … we had the misfortune to be seated behind this one.


So I thought I would take this opportunity … to write him an open letter … just in case he happens to read this blog.  Who am I kidding I doubt he knows how to read … (oops did I say that out loud?)

Dear Mr 15,

Despite your frequent and vocal suggestions throughout the game, neither me nor my children have any intention of engaging in sexual relations with Buddy Franklin.  And in spite of your loud and constant recommendations that me and/or my children engage in sexual relations with the entire Sydney Swans team … I will also have to decline.  (Though if Brett Kirk still played I may be a little more tempted.)

Instead I will make a suggestion to you.  Your team played a fantastic game of football … they won the Grand Final.  This should make you happy, ecstatic even … it's a logical conclusion.  It should not inspire hate, vitriol and venom.  I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself, take a chill pill and smile.

Have a nice day.

Regards
Jo 

Oh well … you win some … you lose some … good days … bad days … they all end the same.



10 comments:

  1. Yeah, Mr 15, go stick your head up a dead bear's bum! What a tosser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as bad as the England supporters who flew all the way to Brazil only for our national team to let them down but I can still sympathise. Better luck next time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no … poor them … I understand their pain now :0)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I know how a bad result affects the family (ahem, Dave, although he doesn't react like Mr 15 knob) it's still crappy though, I hope The Swans annihilate the next team (in a sporting way of course!) and Mr 15 knob reads your letter and behaves with a more mature attitude next time, he sounds like such a dick x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's a disappointment, what a shame. The charmer in front of you sounds like a right idiot... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's got to be one in every crowd … unlucky for us!!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh what sad faces on your boys. I feel sorry for the people in the life of Mr 15 though I suppose there is a very good chance they are like that too. I hope the Swans are rallying and will play better next time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope so too!!
      I've got a theory that Mr 15 probably has very few people in his life … who in the world would put up with him??
      xx

      Delete